1960s Outfit | June

 It's a little bit (a lot) late, compared to the other months, but I've been so busy with university - it's my last semester - that I just couldn't get my head around the posts.

But, on the last day, I'm finally here to show you my 60s outfit. And funny enough, is very similar with the look I used on my first day of university, when I started studying journalism. This dress has a special meaning for me.

According to the internet, fashion in the 1960s became progressively more casual across all genders and ages. But you can still see a continuation of previous years. I would say it was marked by shift dresses, colour and patterns - the youthful styles of Mary Quant.

~~

É um pouco (muito) tarde, em comparação com os outros meses, mas tenho estado tão ocupada com a universidade - é meu último semestre - que simplesmente não consegui sentar-me e tratar dos posts.

Mas, no último dia, estou finalmente aqui para mostrar minha roupa dos anos 60. E engraçado, é bem parecido com o look que usei no meu primeiro dia de faculdade, quando comecei a estudar jornalismo. Este vestido tem um significado especial para mim.

De acordo com a internet, a moda na década de 1960 tornou-se progressivamente mais casual em todos os géneros e idades. Mas ainda se pode ver uma continuação dos anos anteriores. Eu diria que foi marcada pelos shift dresses, pelas cores e pelos padrões – os estilos juvenis de Mary Quant.

I'm pretty sure is from this decade onwards that fashion it's starting to carry meanings, a symbology. To recreate the 60s look is pretty easy, you don't need much stuff. I believe the secret here is that they used such bold patterns and vibrant colours that the outfit doesn't call for almost any accessories.

With that being said, I honestly just used my checkered dress, that goes a little bit up my knee and that gives me broad shoulders and a considered small waist. To give that funky vibe I used colourful high socks, went for some small heeled shoes, very minimal, and finalized everything with my hairstyle: low pigtails and some sunglasses. 

~~

Tenho certeza que é a partir desta década que a moda começa a carregar significados, uma simbologia. Para recriar o visual dos anos 60 é bem fácil, não é preciso muita coisa. Acredito que o segredo aqui é que elas usaram padrões tão ousados e cores vibrantes que o look não pede quase nenhum acessório.

Dito isso, sinceramente, acabei por usar o meu vestido xadrez, que vai um pouco acima do joelho e que me dá ombros largos e uma cintura considerada pequena. Para dar aquela vibe funky usei meias até aos joelhos coloridas, optei por uns sapatos de salto pequeno, bem minimalistas, e finalizei tudo com o penteado: dois totós baixos e uns óculos escuros.

Dress - Bershka (similar here) | Sunglasses - Mango (similar here) | High socks - Primark (similar here) | Boots - Tiffosi (similar here)





0 comments