Breakfasts of the week

Out of all the meals of the day, the breakfast it's definitely the one I value the most. I just feel like it's a very peaceful time. Great to eat slowly, enjoy the moment - and the food - and honestly, breakfast foods are the most delicious. Doesn't compare.

Therefore, I decided to show you what I eat through out the days of the week. 5 ideas for 5 week days. They are all different and the difficulty also differs. Note that with these meals, I always drink a cup of coffee.

~~

De todas as refeições do dia, o pequeno-almoço é definitivamente aquela que eu mais valorizo. Eu sinto que é a hora mais calma. Perfeito para comer calmamente, aproveitar o momento - e a comida - e honestamente, as comidas do pequeno-almoço são as mais deliciosas. Nem se comparam.

Por isso, decidi mostrar o que é que eu como durante os meus dias úteis. 5 ideias para cinco dias de trabalho. São todas diferentes e a dificuldade também diverge. Notem que eu em todas as ideias eu bebo uma caneca de café.

Toast w/ butter

To start the week, and it's usually the hardest day, I have a very easy recipe, if I can call that even. It's simply two slices of toasted bread with some butter. That's it. In my case, because I consider my lifestyle healthy - when I can I go for dairy-free, gluten-free and zero added sugar ingredients - I use the almond butter from Yogan Creamery and the bread it's gluten-free. For the last one it can be from several places: Continente, Celeiro, Mercadona, Schär...

~~

Torradas

Para começar a semana, e usualmente é o dia mais difícil, eu tenho uma receita fácil, se posso até chamar disso. É simplesmente duas fatias de pão torradas com manteiga. Só isso. No meu caso, porque eu considero que tenho um estilo de vida saudável - quando posso uso produtos sem lactose, glúten e com zero açúcares adicionados - eu uso manteiga de amêndoa da Yogan Creamery e o pão é sem glúten. Este último vai variando de sítio: Continente, Celeiro, Mercadona, Schär...

Avocado Bagel

Rather than be an avocado toast, which you can switch to, I use a bagel. In this case, it's not gluten-free, they are from Aldi or Bimbo, because I can't find any. Then I smash half an avocado season it with pepper, salt and lemon or lime, and finally I top it with a sunny side up egg, and leave the middle (orange part) runny.

~~

Bagel com Abacate

Em vez de ser abacate numa torrada, mas podem mudar, eu uso bagels. Neste caso não é sem glúten, são do Aldi ou da Bimbo, porque ainda não encontrei. Depois esmago metade de um abacate, tempero com pimenta, sal e limão ou lima, e finalizo com um ovo estrelado, deixando a gema líquida.

Waffles

This is probably the most difficult recipe here. It's not that hard but it has more steps. Basically what I use are two different flours, almond and spelt, one egg, vanilla extract, cinnamon, plant-base milk, whatever it's open at the time, and a pinch of salt. 

Advice, to make sure that your waffles turn out great, be sure to have a good waffle maker.

~~

Waffles

Esta é provavelmente a mais difícil. Não é muito, apenas mais trabalhosa. Basicamente o que uso é duas farinhas diferentes, amêndoa e espelta, um ovo, extrato de baunilha, canela, leite à base de plantas, o que estiver aberto na altura, e uma pitada de sal.

Conselho, para que as waffles fiquem boas, tenham uma boa máquina de waffles.


Sandwich toast

It's literally two slices of bread, gluten-free, with vegetarian ham and cheese and plant-base butter, the one I mentioned earlier. The ham I use is from Nobre Vegalia with the mediterranean herbs and the cheese is coconut oil based and it is from Violife. Both you can find on Continente.

After making the sandwich, I bring all of it to the sandwich toaster.

~~

Tosta Mista Vegetariana

É literalmente duas fatias de pão sem glúten com fiambre e queijo vegetariano e a manteiga que falei acima. O fiambre é da Nobre Vegalia com ervas mediterrâneas e o queijo é à base de óleo de côco e é da marca Violife. Ambos estão disponíveis no Continente.

Depois de fazer a sanduíche, levo à tostadeira.

French toast

I know, it's a lot of toasts, but really enjoy fried bread, I don't know. 

This is a more healthy version of the typical french toast from Christmas. Again I used the gluten-free bread (here I prefer the one from Mercadona), I soak it in one egg and one yolk mixed - that have a pinch of salt - and then I take it to the pan where I have coconut oil heating so I can fry the bread soaked in egg. I finalize with cinnamon and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.

~~

Fatias d'Ovo

Eu sei que é muito pão, mas gosto mesmo muito de pão frito, não sei.

Esta é uma versão mais saudável das típicas rabanadas do Natal. Outra vez, uso o pão sem glúten (aqui prefiro da Mercadona), embebo num ovo batido mais uma gema - que tem uma pitada de sal - e levo a uma frigideira, onde o óleo de côco esteve a aquecer para eu poder fritar o pão embebido. Finalizo com canela e um pouco de mel ou xarope de bordo.






0 comments