What I carry on my run bag

Since I started running, I also started to understand that it's not just running, there is a lot more prepping that we think of. And I'm not even talking about trainning, it's organization and the quite a few items you have to have with you. Obviously, you don't need much when you are going for a trainning session or a quicker and close to home run. It's in the longer runs and far away from home that you will need to take a bag with quite some stuff with you.

I put this list together when I went for my run in Santarém (I live in Lisbon), which not only was at night but it also has a little party afterwards, meaning you will stay there more time.

~~

Desde que comecei a correr, comecei também a entender que não é apenas só correr, existe um pouco mais de preparação para as corridas. E não estou a falar dos treinos, é a organização e alguns muitos itens que temos de levar connosco. Obviamente, não é preciso carregar muita coisa para treinos ou para corridas mais rápidas ou perto de casa. É nas corridas longas e longe de casa que é preciso preparar uma mala com ainda algumas coisas.

Eu fiz esta lista quando fui correr a Santarém (eu moro em Lisboa), que não só foi à noite como ainda tinha uma pequena festa à posteriori da corrida, o que quer dizer que nos faz demorar mais.

The first thing you will need is a change of clothing. In my case it was also cold, so it was almost unbearable to be all night with just some shorts and a tank top. Not to mention that it was all sweaty, which after some time makes it worse. It's important to say that I also recommend of you to take clean underwear - bra, socks and panties - that because, again, it will be wet and you will be a lot more comfortable with dry clothes.

In the bag I packed too a towel, to clean the sweat; some intimate wipes, if you are a girl, specially, you understand me; and lipbalm, in morning runs it doesn't happen much, but in night runs I tend to get very dry lips.

I also brought with me some snacks: a protein bar, rice crackers, water (preferably 50cl or more) and gum, and my wallet. If you want to be extra cautious, be sure to carry on your run bag an extra pair of bobby pins and hair elastics.

Not leaving the obvious things behind, don't forget to take with you your house and car keys and your watch.

~~

A primeira coisa que vai ser necessário é uma muda de roupa. No meu caso, estava frio, por isso é quase impossível aguentar toda a noite apenas com uns calções e um top. Não deixando de mencionar que está tudo suado, o que torna tudo pior. É importante também aconselhar-vos a levar roupa interior seca - soutien, meias e cuecas - isso porque, outra vez, vai estar molhado e vão se sentir mais confortáveis em algo seco.

Na minha mala também arrumei uma toalha, para limpar o suor; algumas toalhitas íntimas, se são uma rapariga, especialmente, irão entender; e batom do cieiro, em corridas de manhã não acontece muito, mas em corridas noturnas, tendo a ficar com os lábios gretados.

Levo comigo alguns snacks: uma barra proteica, bolachas de arroz, água (preferencialmente de 50cl ou mais) e pastilhas elásticas, e a minha carteira. Se querem estar mais preparados ainda, podem levar convosco ganchos e elásticos para o cabelo.

Não deixando de mencionar o óbvio, não se esqueçam de levar as chaves de casa e do carro, e claro o vosso relógio.




0 comments