Styling a Cow Print Bag

 I don't know if this post is more for you or for me. Like actual challenge me to wear this purse more. Take this post as an inspiration style to patterned bags, because I feel like it's a consensus that animal print is a bit difficult to style and not look tacky.

I have this bag for so long now, it was a gift from my sister, and I truly like it, it's just that it does not go with a lot of the things in my closet, since it is a lot of colour and other patterns. Because of that I decided to take that as a challenge and style it.

~~

Eu não sei se este post é mais para vocês ou para mim. Tipo, é mesmo um desafio para mim usar esta mala. Tirem desta postagem inspiração para como estilizar malas com padrões, porque sinto que é existe um consenso de que padrão de animal é um pouco difícil de conjugar sem parecer brega.

Já tenho esta mala a algum tempo, foi uma prenda da minha irmã, e eu gosto mesmo, só que não combina com muitas coisas que tenho no armário, visto que tenho muitas cores e padrões. Devido a isso, decidi tornar isto num desafio e criar um visual.

Obviously, with a bag like that I already knew that it would be the star piece, the center of attention. The question was: how am I going to do a no-basic outfit for this item? At first it looks like an outfit taken from a capsule wardrobe, but the key here was to utilize styles, shapes and textures to my advantage. And also to have another piece in competition for center of attention. I also took the smallest hint of blue from the bag and added it to the look.

Therefore, I decided that for a vibrant blue baggy shirt and underneath it, since it's getting cold, a more cotton feel black crewneck. For the bottoms my beloved slouchy jeans, paired with some sneakers. I decided for a more edgy approach, because I wanted to give this handbags a different look. Usually we tend to go for a more elegant, but I wanted to give a contrast, calling for attention this way.

~~

Obviamente, como esta mala eu já sabia que ela seria a estrela, o centro das atenções. A pergunta é: como é que vou criar um visual não básico com este item? Primeiramente, parece um outfit tirado de uma guarda-roupa capsula, mas a chave é utilizar estilos, formatos e texturas para nossa vantagem. E claro ter outro item que compete para centro de atenções. Eu também retirei da pequena amostra de azul da mala inspiração e adicionei ao look.

Assim sendo, eu decidi-me por uma camisa larga azul e por baixo uma blusa preta de toque de algodão com gola redonda. Para a parte de baixo, as minhas queridas calças "slouchy", combinadas com uns ténis. Optei por uma abordagem mais 90's retro, porque queria dar um novo significado a estes tipos de malas. Usualmente são para roupas mais elegantes, mas assim cria um maior contraste, chamando atenção.

Shirt - Thrifted (option here) | Underneath top - Decathlon (similar here) | Jeans - Pull&Bear (similar here) | Sneakers - Adidas Superstar | Hair pins - Bershka (similar here) | Bag - Gift (similar here)






0 comments