a jetlag recovery day

 This past week and some more days have been just incredible. I got to travel to far far away (if you follow me on instagram you would know to where) and experience a totally different continent. But to make that trip possible, I had the longest flight I ever did. All combined, because I had one stop, around 21/22 hours.

The flight itself was pretty rough being completely honest, but that's not what I came here to talk about. I'm here to show you that the jet lag is so real.

I have done some long flights, usually around 8 hours and even in those I do feel a bit jet laged, but with a nap I get on track. This time it was different. I felt jetlaged for two days. The day I arrived, I'm going to tell you the truth, I slept basically all day. I got home at 1p.m., took a shower, told some things to my mom and organized a bit of my stuff and simply fell asleep on the sofa. Woke up and it was already dinner time.

I didn't even fight against it, I just got some food into my stomach, did my night routine and went straight to bed again. And I admit, the next day I only got up at 10:30a.m. What really got me through the day was keeping me occupied.

I did not plan a lot to do the next day. I was just going with the flow, but I obviously set some goals. Still in the morning I wanted to make some breakfast. It was a way for me to start slowly getting into the routine. And after that I just stayed in the living room eating and watching some videos on the tv.

After lunch, before I might fall asleep on the sofa, I decided to unpack my suitcase and rest of the trip's stuff. I do have still some things laying around, but the majority is organized. After that I went on the pc and started to get updated on the things that I left behind. Setting my blog, freelancer work and videos in order.

Because I felt getting tired and I didn't really want to exaust myself, me and my sister decided to go watch some series. And I basically stayed doing the same untill I had to start getting ready for my company's christmas dinner.

This dinner helped me in some way, but also worsen things too because: one it helped because I did not sleep more and also puts me back on "real life", however second, it's not that good because I arrived pretty late at home so my body rather than getting rest had more stress put upon.

One tip that I give is drink a lot of water during the next couple of days. The flights drain a lot of water from our bodies, and the oxygen in there is not that pure, so be reminded to cleanse your organism afterwards.

~~

Esta semana passada e mais alguns dias tem sido incrível. Tive a oportunidade de viajar para muito longe (se me seguem no instagram sabem para onde fui) e experienciar um novo continente. Mas para tornar essa viagem possível tive de fazer o voo mais longo, meu, até agora. Tudo combinado, porque tinha uma escala, demorei cerca de 21/22 horas.

O voo em si foi um bocado difícil, sendo honesta, mas não é sobre isso que venho falar. Venho aqui mostrar-vos que o jet lag é mesmo real.

Eu já fiz alguns voos longos, usualmente de 8 horas e mesmo esses sinto-me jet laged, mas com uma sesta reinicio. Desta vez foi diferente. Senti as horas trocadas durante dois dias. O dia em que cheguei, simplesmente dormi o dia todo. Cheguei a casa por volta da uma da tarde, tomei banho, contei algumas coisas à minha mãe e organizei algumas das minhas coisas e depois apenas deixei-me dormir no sofá. Acordei e já era hora do jantar.

Nem lutei contra isso, comi alguma coisinha, fiz a minha rotina da noite e fui direta para a cama. E admito, no dia seguinte apenas me levantei às 10:30. O que realmente me ajudou a manter acordada foi estar ocupada.

Não planeei muita coisa para o dia seguinte. Ia ao sabor do vento, mas obviamente tinha alguns objetivos em mente. Ainda de manhã, preparei o pequeno-almoço, uma forma de voltar à rotina. E depois disso fui para a sala ver uns vídeos e comer.

Depois do almoço, antes que eu ficasse a dormir no sofá, decidi desarrumar a mala e as restantes coisas da viagem. Ainda tenho algumas coisas aqui e ali, mas a maioria está organizada. Depois fui para o computador e comecei a atualizar as minhas tarefas. O meu blogue, o meu trabalho freelancer e os vídeos.

Uma vez que me senti um bocado cansada e não queria ficar exausta, eu e a minha irmã decidimos ver algumas séries. E basicamente ficámos assim até serem horas de eu me começar a arranjar para o jantar de natal da empresa.

Este jantar de certa forma ajudou-me mas também piorou as coisas: primeiro, ajudou porque não fiquei a dormir a tarde toda e também porque pôs-me de volta na "vida real"; contudo, segundo, não foi muito bom, porque já cheguei bastante tarde e o meu corpo em vez de descansar ficou com ainda mais stress. 

Uma dica é bebam muita água durante os próximos dias. Os voos absorvem muita da água que temos nos nossos corpos devido ao ar dentro do avião não ser puro e daí o uso de ar condicionado, assim é bom que desintoxiquem o vosso organismo.





0 comments