5 Summer Recommendations | Ideas of entertainment

 This idea occured me, because I wanted to share with you some books and tv shows, but I felt like I did not have enough to do separate posts and paired it it seem a bit forced. Therefore, I decided to be more inclusive and actually give 5 cultural (can I describe it that way?) recommendations, summer themed. Meaning, they feel better on summer.

~~

Esta ideia ocorreu-me, porque eu queria partilhar convosco livros e series, mas senti que não tinha suficientes para fazer postagens separadas e juntá-los era forçar um bocado. Sendo assim, decidi ser mais inclusiva e dar-vos 5 ideias culturais (se é que podemos chamar assim), com o tema de verão. Querendo dizer, que são melhores no verão.

First recommendation is a book. Something that is an amazing story to read on summer. Which was actually my summer read last year. And that is People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry

This book is about two friends, Poppy and Alex, that would anually go to vacation together and start to fall in love. However, things don't work out so they split and years later they find each other again. 

Believe me is so much better than I'm explainning. The writting, the way she chooses to tell the story is so creative (you can find my review on Goodreads).

~~

A primeira recomendação é um livro. Uma história fantástica para ler no verão. Que foi, por acaso, a minha leitura de verão o ano passado. Que é o livro People We Meet on Vacation da Emily Henry.

Esta história é sobre dois amigos, Poppy e Alex, que iam de férias anualmente e que começam a apaixonar-se um pelo outro. Contudo, as coisas não correm bem e acabam por ir um para cada lado. Anos mais tarde, voltam a encontrar-se.

Acreditem, é muito melhor do que estou aqui a explicar. A escrita, a maneira como ela escolhe fazer a narrativa é muito criativa (podem encontrar a minha resenha no Goodreads).

Second recommendation is a tv show. And it's perfect that I'm sharing it with you now because the second season just released and I'm so excited to start watching it. I'm talking about The Summer I Turned Pretty. Which comes from a book from Jenny Han. 

The serie, and I assume the book too, is about a girl that goes on summer holidays to house with her mom's best friend and her sons and one summer a love triangle starts to form. It's basic, I know, but is very light weight and easy to watch. I have fun. Is available on Amazon Prime.

~~

Segunda recomendação é uma série. E é a altura perfeita para partilhar convosco, visto que a segunda temporada acabou de estrear e eu estou muito entusiasmada para começar a ver. Estou a falar de The Summer I Turned Pretty. Que provém de um livro da Jenny Han.

A série, e assumo que o livro também, fala sobre uma rapariga que todos os verões costuma ir para a casa da melhor amiga da mãe e dos filhos. E durante um verão um triângulo amoroso começa a formar-se. É básico, eu sei, mas é tão simples e fácil de ver. Eu divirto-me. Está disponível na Amazon Prime.

Third one is a song. Not much to say to introduce them, but one that I recommend you so much to listen is I Don't Wanna Talk (I Just Wanna Dance) by Glass Animals. They are a bit unknown, apart from that one song, but this one is such as good. The whole album of this song is. 

Deep down, I also want you to listen to I Ain't Worried by OneRepublic. These two songs are my feel good jams. They are so relaxed and fun to dance to. You just feel happy when you hear them.

~~

Terceira é uma música. Não há muito a dizer para introduzi-la, apenas que a que eu recomendo bastante que ouçam é a I Don't Wanna Talk (I Just Wanna Dance) dos Glass Animals. Eles são um pouco desconhecidos, aparte daquela uma música, mas esta também é muito boa. O álbum todo desta música o é.

Lá no fundo, também quero que ouçam a I Ain't Worried dos OneRepublic. Essas duas músicas são as minhas canções de "sentir bem". São tão leves e divertidas para dançar. Vocês sentem-se felizes a ouvi-las.

My fourth recommendation is a food. I can't pin point a restaurant or a food in specific, because I want to be more inclusive so I just say that I this summer you should try vegan ice cream. Please eat it, you want regret it. There are so much good ones everywhere now. 

For my portuguese readers I will give you my favourite one: The Icely Brothers - Cookie Dough.

~~

A minha quarta ideia é comida. Não vou dizer um restaurante ou comida em específico, porque quero ser mais inclusiva. Por isso, este verão desafio-vos a experimentar gelado vegan. Por favor, comam, não se vão arrepender. Existem já tantos e tão bons.

Para os meus leitores portugueses, dou-vos o meu favorito: Cookie Dough da marca The Icely Brothers.

Recommendation five and last is something for you to do. I love doing it with a group a friends. And even knowing that is very basic, is always so much fun. A picnic. You can also do it with just one friend. Maybe turn it into a book club picnic.

To make it easy, each of the friends take a food for themselves and also a snack for everyone. Just split some stuff from everyone and that's it. Don't forget a blanket and napkins. And obvious games, specially cards.

~~

Recomendação cinco e última é algo para vocês fazerem. Adoro fazer isto em grupo. E mesmo sabendo que é básico, é algo que me dá prazer. Um piquenique. Também podem fazer só com um amigo. Talvez converter num piquenique de leitura.

Para ser mais fácil, cada um leva uma comida para o próprio e levo também um snack para todos. Depois dividam entre vocês o que cada um leva e pronto. Não se esqueçam da toalha e dos guardanapos. E dos jogos, óbvio, especialmente cartas.





0 comments