Styling Flare Jeans

I already showed you once an outfit with flare jeans. If I’m not mistaken it was a look inspired by the 70s. So, technically is not how I style them, even though I would totally wear that outfit.

Since I am a petite girl, I can’t just wear whatever with flared jeans. If styled in a certain way, I will seem even smaller that I already am. To give you an idea, I am 5 feet 2. With that said, there are some things that I try to avoid. Because in reality, flared jeans can really elongate your legs. 

~~

Eu já vos mostrei uma vez um outfit com calças à boca de sino. Se não estou enganada, foi um visual inspirado nos anos 70. Por isso, tecnicamente não é como eu as estilizo, contudo eu totalmente usaria aquela combinação.

Uma vez que sou uma rapariga pequena, eu não posso vestir qualquer coisa com as calças. Quando combinadas de uma certa forma, eu irei parecer ainda mais pequena do que já sou. Para vos dar uma ideia, meço 1,57. Tendo dito isso, existem algumas coisas que tento evitar. Porque, na realidade, calças à boca de sino podem alongar as pernas.

First thing I was careful with was wearing a top that didn’t cover all skin. Specially, in my tummy area. So, I wanted a crop top. That way, you have so much jeans fabric, but you can still see skin, which gives the illusion of taller. Next, because the pants are already black, I wanted the top to give some more colour to the outfit. To resemble more me. I chose a white strap top with lilac flowers. For a more elegant appearance I added a gold necklace. 

For the shoes, again since the pants are a bit long, I used sneakers with a platform. And ones with colour to be more me. Also to match with the top: both with pastel tones. I also made this choice because it gives of a cute retro edgy vibe. Which is the style I like.

In terms of makeup, I decided to leave it simple, with just a pink eyeliner. And the hair in a normal ponytail.

~~

A primeira coisa com que tive cuidado foi não vestir uma blusa que tapasse toda a minha pele. Especialmente, na área da barriga. Sendo assim, queria um crop top. Assim, mesmo com tanto tecido por parte das calças, ainda se vê alguma pele, o que dá a ilusão de altura. De seguida, porque as calças já eram pretas, eu quis um top que tivesse cor. Para realçar mais o meu estilo. Escolhi uma blusa de alças com flores lilases. Para uma aparência mais elegante, adicionei um colar dourado.

Para os sapatos, outra vez, visto que as calças são compridas, usei uns ténis com plataforma. E uns que tivessem cor para ser mais eu. E também para combinar com o top: ambos em cores pasteis. Optei por estes porque dão um ar fofo retro edgy. O que é o estilo que gosto.

Em termos de maquilhagem, mantive-a simples, com apenas um eyeliner em rosa. E o cabelo no rabo-de-cavalo simples.

Top - Stradivarius (similar here) | Jeans - Stradivarius (similar here) | Shoes - Buffalo Shoes (here)





0 comments