Unwind with me after a week of running

For quite sometime now, I have been running weekly, and as you may know, I even went on some official runs, inclusive 10km ones. However, this year I had a different goal: I wanted to run an half-marathon. But there is a huge difference from the km that I currently run. Therefore I started a 9 week, because that is all that I have left, program trainning to be able to run 21km.

I run four times a week, where my longest run are on sunday. And on top of that, I'm still mantainning my normal workout routines. Needless to say that at the end of the week my legs, and overall body, feel tired. That's why I'm here to share my end of the week relax/stretch routine.

It consists of 20 moves, 30 seconds each, which equals a total of 10 minutes. All the moves are slow and stable, to really let you sink in and have the most lengthing of the members you need.

~~

Já há algum tempo que eu ando a fazer corridas semanais, e como devem saber, até fui a algumas corridas oficiais, inclusive de 10km. No entanto, este ano tenho outro objetivo: correr uma meia-maratona. Mas existe uma grande diferença no número de quilómetros para os que eu atualmente corro. Sendo assim, comecei um programa de treino de 9 semanas, visto que é apenas o tempo que tenho até à corrida, de forma a conseguir correr 21km.

Eu corro quatro vezes por semana, em que a minha corrida mais longa é ao domingo. Para além disso, eu continuo a fazer as minhas rotinas de treino normais. Escusado será dizer que no final da semana as minhas pernas, e o corpo todo, estão cansadas. É por isso que venho partilhar a minha rotina relaxante/de alongamentos do final da semana.

Consiste em 20 exercícios, 30 segundos cada, o que equivale a um total de 10 minutos. Todos os exercícios são lentos e estáveis, para conseguir sentir os membros a alongar da forma que precisam.


List of the 20 moves:

  1. Arm stretch R/L
  2. Overhead stretch R/L
  3. Cobra
  4. Downward Dog
  5. Low lunge R
  6. Quad stretch R
  7. Hamstring R
  8. Low lunge L
  9. Quad stretch L
  10. Hamstring L
  11. Pike
  12. Right Leg stretch
  13. Left Leg stretch
  14. Straddle
  15. Butterfly sit
  16. Sitting booty stretch R
  17. Sitting booty stretch L
  18. Back twist R
  19. Back twist L
  20. Relax



0 comments