My MOTELX Experience as a volunteer

If you've been following me on instagram you would know some of the things that happen in my life. In this case, in particular, MOTELX happened. And if you have been reading my blog, its something that occurs every year and also go every year. But this time, I decided it was going to be different.

Being now finished with university and having that trait of personality that makes me want to be doing something all the time, I just couldn't not work of some sort after having my summer holidays. With the international horror festival around the corner, I just thought why not give it a chance to their volunteering? And it was exactly what I did.

In the 2022 edition of MOTELX, I made the decision to be a volunteer at the cinema festival. And it was one of the best experiences I had. I was so nervous on the first day, but in the next hour after everything had began I was the most relaxed. By being there, helping out a project that I so loved, I had to chance to meet incredible people, to see the behind-the-scenes of everything - how they put everything together, what goes behind the walls, the screens, the projection room, etc - I got to have fun, to try different things, to get out of my comfort zone sometimes, I even got the chance to watch movies for free. And with all of that and more I create amazing memories.

Here I leave you guys a reels (quick, fast paced video) of my days volunteering at MOTELX, that takes place at cinema de São Jorge. These are not only moments of my hours as a volunteer, but also my routine on those days - I went for runs, I had dinner out with friends, etc.

~~

Se me têm seguido no instagram, sabem o que tem acontecido na minha vida. Neste caso em particular, o MOTELX aconteceu. E se também têm lido o meu blog ao longo dos anos, este momento é algo que ocorre todos os anos ao qual eu vou também todos os anos. Mas desta vez eu decidi que iria ser diferente.

Estando agora livre da universidade e tendo aquele traço de personalidade que me faz não querer estar parada, eu não podia não trabalhar de alguma fora depois de ter as minhas férias de verão. Com o Festival Internacional de Terror ao virar da esquina, eu pensei porque não dar uma oportunidade ao seu voluntariado? E foi exatamente o que fiz.

Na edição de 2022 do MOTELX, eu tomei a decisão de ser uma voluntária no festival de cinema. E foi uma das melhores experiências que já tive. Eu estava bastante nervosa no primeiro dia, mas logo na hora seguinte a tudo começar eu fiquei logo relaxada. Ao estar lá, a ajudar um projeto que adoro, eu consegui conhecer pessoas incríveis, tive a oportunidade de ver o por detrás de tudo - a montagem de tudo, o que está atrás das paredes, dos ecrãs, a sala de projeção, entre outras coisas -, diverti-me imenso, experimentei coisas novas, sai da minha zona de conforto às vezes, até tive a chance de ver filmes gratuitamente. E tudo isso e mais fez com que eu criasse memórias fantásticas.

Aqui fica um reels (um vídeo rápido e de ritmo acelerado) dos meus dias de voluntariado no MOTELX, que se situa no cinema de São Jorge. Não são apenas momentos das minhas horas como voluntária, mas também da minha rotina desses dias - eu fui correr, jantei fora com amigos, etc.






0 comments