1920s Outfit | February

 Honestly, I can't stop laughing at myself wearing something inspired on the 1920s. It's not really the years that I like the most, in terms of fashion for myself at least (you know the Roaring 20s), and it has a very specific style, from the cut of the dresses to the hats the women use. To summarize, the dresses are normally loose fit and knee length, with lace and, of course, fringes and sometimes some fur; they always have a headband with a lot of feathers; and very formal shoes with small high heels.

~~

Honestamente, não consigo parar de rir de mim mesma com o visual inspirado nos anos 1920s. Não são exatamente os anos que eu mais gosto, em termos de fashion para mim pelo menos (sabem os Roaring 20s), e é uma época com um visual muito específico, desde o corte dos vestidos até aos chapéus que as mulheres usavam. Para resumir, os vestidos eram normalmente largos e pelos joelhos, tinham renda e claro franjas, por vezes pelo; tinham sempre uma bandelete cheia de penas; e sapatos muito formais com salto pequeno.

For my modern version, I actually tried to mantain the older appear look. I think the transparent tights and the shoes really help in that matter. Another thing, they were big fans of fringes, however I really don't have nothing with it so, that's one point that it's definitely missing.

Basically the dress is not the ideal, but is the best I could do with things I already had - the mesh, the lace - it's more a party look. The hardest part was how am I going to wear the headband. I had something that works, however, since it's modernized I did not used across my forehead, because it's a lot more normal to wear on the head and it still looks really cute with the feathers going down the hair in one side.

~~

Para a minha versão moderna, eu por acaso tentei manter um visual mais antiquado. Eu penso que as collants transparentes e os sapatos ajudam muito. Outra coisa, é que eram muito fãs de franjas, no entanto, eu não tenho nada assim, e esse é o ponto que definitivamente fica a faltar.

Basicamente o vestido não é ideal, mas é o melhor que consegui tendo em conta as coisas que já tinha - o mesh, a renda - é mais um look de festa. A parte mais difícil foi encontrar a melhor maneira para usar a bandelete. Eu tinha algo que funcionava, porém, uma vez que é modernizado eu não queria utilizar na testa, porque é muito mais normal usar na cabeça, no cabelo e continua a ser muito fofo com as penas a cair pelo cabelo apenas num lado.

Dress - C&A (similar here) | Tights - Primark | Shoes - Copitraje (similar here) | Headband - C&A (similar here) 






1 comments

  1. I LOVE your 1920's inspired outfit!!!!!!
    The design, fit, drape, sheer panels and red lace of the dress all look very feminine and pretty.
    Your hair, eye-makeup and perfectly applied lipstick also look very pretty.
    I also like the looks of the Rachel Parcell Lace Fit and Flare Dress at Nordstrom in the shopping link above,
    although it does not look quite as pretty on their model as the dress you were wearing in the photos above looks on you.
    You look beautiful!

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete