MotelX 2021 Outfits + Movies I watched

 If you follow me here or on instagram you probably know what is this time of the year: it's Horror Film Festival time! Motel X happens every year around this september weeks and of course, not only because of my sister, I had to go. It started to become a tradition and I actually have an eager to go, it's so fun and a different thing to be waiting for.

Obviously, I'm a fashion/ lifestyle blog so I'm mostly gonna show you what I wore there - I went 3 days - so I'm not writting a review on the movies I watched nor I am talking in detail about the festival. However, if you want me to do that please let me know.

~~

Se me seguem aqui ou no instagram, provavelmente sabem que altura do ano é esta: é altura do festival de Cinema de Terror! O Motel X acontece todos os anos por volta destes dias de setembro e claro, não apenas por causa da minha irmã, eu tinha de ir. Começou a ser uma tradição e atualmente tenho mesmo vontade de ir, é muito divertido e uma coisa diferente que fico à espera.

Obviamente, o meu blog é de fashion/lifestyle por isso vou vos mostrar o que vesti lá - eu fui três dias - por isso não vou escrever a minha opinião dos filmes que vi, nem falar do festival em detalhe. Contudo, se quiserem isso, digam-me.


DAY 1 - THE GREEN KNIGHT

Black top - Bershka (similar here) | White top - Primark (similar here) | Jeans - Pull&Bear (similar here) | Shoes - Stradivarius (similar here) | Necklace - Local Store | Tote bag - Cris.Pim (here)

I went very simple for the first day, with monochromatic tones and basic fitting. However I tried to use the materials to make it more interesting, so my black top is velvet and has some lace while the white top is ribbed. 

If you are interested in my opinion on the movie, well, I had very very high expections, but unfornately it didn't meet them. The movie had a nice story and cinematography but it didn't had high moments, it was very monotone so it felt very slow and boring...

~~

Para o primeiro dia, fui bastante simples, com tons monocromáticos e um fitting básico. No entanto, eu tentei usar vários tecidos para tornar interessante, por isso o meu top preto é de veludo com um pouco de renda enquanto o top branco é canelado.

Se estão interessados na minha opinião do filme, bem, eu tinha expetativas bem altas, mas infelizmente não chegou lá. O filme tinha uma boa história e uma cinematografia linda, mas não tinha picos de interesse, era muito monótono por isso parecia lento e aborrecido...


DAY 2 - THE AMUSEMENTE PARK + IN THE EARTH

T-shirt - Merchandise (similar here) | Denim dress - Bershka (similar here) | Belt - Stradivarius (similar here) | Shoes - Tommy Hilfigher | Tote bag - Etsy store StayHereWithSkz (here)

Honestly, I really like this one. I know you can't really see because the photos are dark, but this super colourful tie-dye t-shirt really gives off a nice fun, but kinda edgy look and I'm living for it. With the dress it has a more like sexy dark look.

About the movies, all round they were both good, I feel like, yes I would recommend both.

~~

Honestamente, eu gosto muito deste. Eu sei que não conseguem ver muito bem porque as fotos estão escuras, mas esta t-shirt super colorida tie-dye dá um toque divertido e um bocado arrojado. Com o vestido, torna o visual assim "dark sexy".

Sobre os filmes, no geral foram os dois bons, eu sinto que sim, eu recomendaria ambos.


DAY 3 - THE NIGHT HOUSE

Top - Tally Weijl (similar here) | Pants - Bershka (similar here) | Necklaces - Local Store and 7ème | Shirt - Vintage (similar here) | Shoes - Nike Air Max Thea Premium | Tote Bag - Motel X Merch (here

For a horror festival this is not the most dark outfit, at all, but it has an artistic vibe, if I was very into indie films, which I do personally like. It's also more feminine and lighter because it has more creme colours. I also tried to give an historical vibe using a top similar to a corset.

The movie was surprisingly different from what I was expecting, but it was good and very clever, it had very innovative ways of shooting. If you like Invisible Man, it has a similar vibe.

~~

Para um festival de terror, este não é o visual mais obscuro, nem lá perto, mas dá um vibe artístico, como se eu estivesse dentro da cena dos filmes indie, o que pessoalmente estou. É mais feminino e claro por causa da paleta de cores creme. Eu tentei também dar uma sensação histórica ao usar um top que se assemelha-se a um espartilho.

O filme foi surpreendentemente diferente daquilo que esperava, mas foi bom e muito inteligente, tinha formas de filmar muito inovadoras. Se gostam do Invisible Man, este tem noções parecidas.






0 comments