What the Uni I didn't want made me realize

What I'm about to say not everyone knows about.
A little bit less than a year ago, I had to decide what college I wanted to apply to, and being a girl from languages and humanities, in a less weird way, the more lyrical and words side of the spectrum, I always had vision something about that area, my wish Jornalism. But things took a turn.
I'm actually in a accounting university. Yes, I indeed put that as a choice because in the back of my mine I had that little wish, but now is not there anymore.
~
O que estou prestes a revelar nem toda a gente sabe.
Há pouco menos de um ano, eu tive de decidir em que universidade me iria inscrever, e sendo uma rapariga de línguas e humanidades, de forma menos esquisita, mais lírica e de palavras, eu sempre tive a visão de algo nessa área, o meu desejo Jornalismo. Mas as coisas deram um volta.
Eu actualmente estou em contabilidade. Sim, eu pus isso como uma das minhas escolhas porque no meu subconsciente eu tinha esse mini desejo, que já não tenho.


Nevertheless, I don't feel like that was a mistake. Honestly, I learned a lot, not just about me but as well as literally. And that are the things I realized:

  1. I know now that I don't want to do this as my main job/career;
  2. It opened my mind to different subjects;
  3. I got new knowledge, out of my area, which means my horizons expanded;
  4. Made new friends, I got to meet amazing people and interesting;
  5. I grew a lot, especially because I had to overcome the fact that I didn't want to be there;
  6. Experienced the nice things about college, in a relaxed way;
  7. My personality, my innerself changed, as it became more mature and free. A feeling of "controled adventure" I guess.
With that I want to say that, even in a negative situation, exist thousands of positive factors that we can take out of these stepbacks, that molds us and help us grew, makes us better. So, on that note, "Be Brave.".
~
Mesmo assim, eu não sinto que foi um erro. Honestamente, aprendi bastante, não apenas sobre mim mas também literalmente. E é essas coisas que eu me apercebi:

  1. Eu sei agora que não quero isso como o meu trabalho/carreira principal;
  2. A minha mente abriu-se para diferentes matérias;
  3. Obtive novo conhecimento, fora da minha área, quer dizer que os meus horizontes expandiram;
  4. Fiz novos amigos, tive a chance de conhecer novas pessoas e interessantes;
  5. Cresci muito, especialmente porque tive de ultrapassar o facto de não querer lá estar;
  6. Experienciei as coisas boas da faculdade, numa maneira relaxada;
  7. A minha personalidade, o meu interior mudou, como que ficou mais maduro e livre. Um sentimento de "aventura controlada" eu acho.
Nisto quero dizer que, mesmo numa situação negativa, existem milhares de fatores positivos que podemos retirar desse contratempo, que nos moldam e nos ajudam a crescer, a melhorar-nos. Por isso, "Be Brave.".


 Do you have any questions about college? I can try to answer and help you. Or maybe, just let me know what university are you in.


 I hope you enjoyed it :)


And... Talk to you on my next post!


Love,
Carole xx

0 comments