The 3 books of this year

 Every year I set a goal of how many books I want to read in that year, even if it's not many... Since it's the end of the year, and I already read the quantity I wanted to read, I'm here to tell you my top 3 books of 2020. Before I show you, just a little reminder that my taste in books is very different from, maybe, most people, I really like classic literature and novels/romance, but I actually found a new passion this year!

~~

Todos os anos, eu proponho-me um objetivo de quantos livros quero ler naquele ano, mesmo que não sejam muitos... Uma vez que estamos no fim deste ano, e eu já li a quantidade que queria, estou aqui para vos mostrar o meu top 3 de livros de 2020. Antes que vos diga, um pequeno lembrete: o meu gosto nos livros é um bocado diferente, talvez, da maioria das pessoas. Eu gosto bastante de literatura clássica e romance, mas por acaso encontrei uma nova paixão este ano!

In third place we have Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. In my goodreads profile you can see more in detail what I thought but I'll give you here a little idea. In general I would give 4 stars, just like the one in the second place, however I felt this book took me longer to get close too. Meaning that, only after some pages I started to really feel attached to the storyline.

In second place is Robison Crusoe by Daniel Defoe. I didn't write anything in my profile about this book just because at end I felt like I didn't have anything to say - not in a bad way. I just believe this book is self-explanatory, or you like it or not, since you have basically only description, it tells the story of someone living in a island alone, that's it. Nevertheless, for me was totally a hit, and I was grabbed since the first word, I gave it 4 stars (and that's the difference between this one and the previous one).

In first place is my new passion, poetry! For the gold medal we have Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur. I honestly don't have such beautiful words to describe the greatness of this book. I had so much pleasure while readind it, everyday I felt so inspired (since I read around 5 poems which day), so empowered. If you are a woman you will definitely feel her words, it's just pure honesty and a reality of the world we living, but it's drawn and written so magically. Therefore, I gave it 5 stars.

~~

Em terceiro lugar temos Jane Eyre de Charlotte Brontë. No meu perfil do goodreads podem ver com mais detalhe a minha opinião, mas aqui deixo-vos uma pista. No geral dou-lhe 4 estrelas, tal como o que está em segundo lugar. No entanto, eu senti que demorei mais tempo a apegar-me ao livro. Quero eu dizer que apenas depois de 50 páginas é que comecei a sentir-me próxima da história.

Em segundo lugar está Robison Crusoe de Daniel Defoe. Eu não escrevi nada no meu perfil sobre o livro, porque no final de ler senti que não tinha nada para dizer - não no mau sentido. Apenas acredito que o livro é autoexplicativo, ou gostam ou não, uma vez que é basicamente um livro de descrição - conta a história de alguém que está preso numa ilha sozinho. Todavia, para fim foi um hit, e senti agarrada desde a primeira palavra, dei-lhe 4 estrelas (e aqui está a diferença entre este e o anterior).

Em primeiro lugar fica a minha nova paixão, poesia! Para a medalha de ouro temos Leite e Mel de Rupi Kaur. Eu honestamente não tenho tais palavras bonitas para descrever a grandeza deste livro. Tive tanto prazer enquanto o lia, todos os dias sentia-me inspirada (visto que lia todos os dias 5 poemas), e empoderada. Se são uma mulher irão com certeza sentir as suas palavras, é puramente honestidade e a realidade deste mundo em que vivemos, mas é desenhado e escrito de uma forma tão mágica. Sendo assim, dou-lhe 5 estrelas.






0 comments