IPL Hair Removal | 6 months update

 I'm quite excited to write this post, actually. After 6 months of at home sessions of IPL, I can say that I have a pretty well rounded opinion on it. If you haven't read my previous post about this way of hair removal, make sure you do it, because I explain more in detail what it consists of and also what my schedule of sessions looked like.

I have been doing IPL Hair removal on my armpits, crotch area and legs for over 6 months now. According to the instructions of the machine I'm using, I'm at a phase that I only need to do it once a month to mantain/control the hair growth. 

Let's then talk about my results at the moment. I'll give you a hint: I'm a bit surprised, but also disappointed.

~~

Estou até entusiasmada para escrever esta postagem. Depois de 6 meses a fazer sessões em casa de IPL, posso dizer que já tenho uma opinião bem formada. Se ainda não leram o meu post anterior sobre esta maneira de depilação, por favor façam-no, visto que aqui não vou entrar muito em detalhe sobre em que consiste, etc.

Tenho feito remoção de pelo nas axilas, virilha e pernas já há 6 meses. De acordo com as instruções da máquina que estou a utilizar, estou numa fase em que só preciso de fazer uma vez por mês de forma a manter/ manutenção do crescimento do pelo. 

Vamos então falar dos meus resultados, neste momento. Dou-vos uma pista: estou surpresa, mas ao mesmo tempo desapontada.

In short, I've seen the least progress in my armpits. On the other hand my legs where the surprise. My crotch results, I'm very happy with - I'm not going to show you photos of it, though.

Speaking therefore of the crotch area, I'm very happy because I haven't shave in one month and the hairs haven't grown at all! I am aware that they are more in the thinner side, but I would not believe that I could stay a whole month without shaving. I can't even see a dot of growth yet.

The only thing I'm a bit sad about is that I wished I had covered a bigger area, because the results are phenomenal. I started in the beginning of the year and now I'm ready for summer. And no more itchiness, razor cuts and burns and allergies - the skin is smooth.

~~

Sumariamente, eu vi menos resultados nas minhas axilas. Por outro lado, as minhas pernas foram a surpresa. Na área da virilha, estou muito contente - não vou mostrar imagens por motivos óbvios.

Falando da área da virilha, fiquei muito bastante feliz, porque sem depilar durante um mês, os pelos não cresceram nada! Estou ciente que eles são mais finos, mas nunca acreditei que consegui ficar um mês sem fazer a depilação. Nem vejo um ponto de crescimento.

A única coisa triste é que agora gostava de ter feito uma área maior, por causa dos resultados fenomenais. Comecei no inicio do ano e já estou pronta para o verão. E não mais irritação, cortes de lâmina e alergias - a pele está suave.

Speaking of my armpits, which are also a very important area for me, since I as well had some itchiness when shaving and I had to do it constantly because it is a body part that is out almost all year around, I am disappointed in this part. 

I have been doing the same, at the same time as other areas and the results are nowhere near the other parts. It's taking longer for the hairs to disappear. To give you a real example, I had to do a mid-session in the month because it was already to bad to go out. So I can only show you a two week hair growth.

But that mid-session made the difference actually. In some areas of my armpit I have barely no hair, but others the hair is so long. It's quite confusing because I try to be really precise with my Intense Pulse Light.

~~

Falando agora das axilas, que também são um sítio importante para mim, visto que também tenho as irritações e tenho de depilar constantemente, durante todo o ano. Fiquei desapontada.

Tenho feito exatamente o mesmo, simultaneamente com as outras áreas e os resultados ficam muito aquém. Está a demorar mais tempo para o pelo desaparecer. Para vos dar um exemplo real, eu tive de fazer uma sessão intermédia no mês, porque já estava um bocado mau. Por isso só vos posso mostrar o crescimento de duas semanas.

Mas essa sessão intermédia fez a diferença. Em alguns lugares do sovaco já não tenho praticamente pelo, mas noutros tenho. O que me deixa confusa, porque sou muito precisa com as pulsações. 

Finally the legs. I have to admit that, in contrary of the armpits, in my legs I'm not as precise. It's a bigger area and I tend to not have as much problems when shaving. So for me, any result was good.

However, it turned out better that I ever thought. I haven't shave in a month, and it's not great (I need to do it really soon), but I have substantially less hair. And it's definitely thinner. Obviously because I'm not being as precise, I do have some patches of hair here and there, but it's not a lot. 

For something that should take me 30 minutes and I do it in 10 minutes, the results for now are amazing. Plus, the itchiness and burns have stopped. 

~~

Finalmente, as pernas. Vou admitir que, ao contrário das axilas, nas pernas, não sou muito precisa. É uma área maior e eu tendo a não ter tantos problemas quando utilizo a lâmina. Então para mim qualquer resultado é bom.

Porém, mostrou-se melhor do que tinha imaginado. Já não faço depilação há um mês, e não está fantástico (terei de fazer brevemente), mas tenho substancialmente menos pelo. E está definitivamente mais fino. Obviamente porque não sou minuciosa, tenho manchas de pelo aqui e ali, mas não é muito.

Para algo que deveria demorar 30 minutos e eu faço em 10 minutos, os resultados são muito bons. Para mais, a comichão e os cortes são inexistentes. 

This is the point I am at for now, overall quite happy with it. I was a bit skeptical but I also had high hopes. I'll keep you updated. I'll see you when I have the 1 year results!

UPDATE: I shaved and did an IPL session before going for my 1-week beach holidays and it lasted the whole time.

~~

Este é o ponto em que me encontro agora. De forma geral, contente. Estava cética, mas com esperanças. Vou-vos manter atualizados. Vejo-os quando tiver os resultado de 1 ano!

UPDATE: Fiz a depilação e uma sessão de IPL antes de ir nas minhas férias de praia de 1 semana, e durou o tempo todo.





0 comments