2000s Outfit | October

 Y2k in the same month as halloween doesn’t necessarily go together. I see it, but it’s a bit funny. I did not do a spooky 2000s look, just a basic one. And actually it's a bit too summery for this time right now. I know it's rainning a lot here in Portugal and this outfit does not go with this weather, whatsoever, but bear with me, this was shot and thought of in another time. 

Talking about the 2000s, it reminds me so much of my childhood, since I'm a 2000s baby, and my sister wore all those trends, so I'm very accquainted to them. I don’t necessarily like it, honestly, but they are coming back. Y2k is characterized by low-rise jeans, couture tracksuits, platform sandals, fur items and baby loose tops.

~~

Y2k no mesmo mês que o Halloween não fica necessariamente bem. Consigo ver, mas é engraçado. Eu não fiz um visual dos anos 2000 assustador, apenas um básico. E que por acaso é demasiado verão para agora. Eu sei que está a chover imenso aqui em Portugal e que este outfit não fica muito bem, nem lá perto, mas fiquem comigo, isto foi planeado e fotografado noutro tempo.

Falando sobre os anos 2000, relembra-me tanto a minha infância, visto que sou um bebé de 2000 e porque a minha irmã usou todas estas modas, por isso estou familiarizada com estas peças. Eu não gosto muito, para ser sincera, mas está a voltar. A moda Y2k é caracterizada pelas calças de ganga de cintura baixa, pelos fatos de treino de marca, pelas sandálias com plataforma, pelos itens com pelo e pelas blusas largas bebés.

I'm going to be honest, my jeans and top are all old-school. Both were from my sister from that exact time. Even though I give you modern alternatives, I'm pretty sure you can find similar pieces in thrift stores. To make the look a bit more warm you can put on a one button cardigan.

As you can see it's a very simple look, but for the modern days it has a lot of personality. It's honestly just some straight low-rise jeans, which in my case, I chose ones more fun with some patches and designs in pink; then a loose, patterned top, in the colour blue to give tribute to the iconic blue eyeshadow; and I finalized with some white transparent sandals, so it doesn't take the shine out of the characteristics pieces.

The hit point here is definitely the show of the lower belly and belly bottom. 

~~

Vou ser honesta, as minhas calças de ganga e a minha blusa são antigas. Ambas foram da minha irmã mesma daquela época. Mesmo eu vos dando alternativas modernas, é muito provável encontrarem peças semelhantes nas lojas em segunda mão. Para tornar o visual mais quente, podem usar um casaquinho de um botão.

Como podem ver, é um look muito simples, mas atualmente reflete grande personalidade. É simplesmente umas calças de ganga de cintura baixa, que no meu caso têm alguns remendos e desenhos em cor-de-rosa; depois um top fluido padronizado na cor azul para dar tributo à icónica sombra azul; e para finalizar umas sandálias brancas e transparentes, para não tirar o brilho do que é realmente importante.

A estrela do outfit é definitivamente a exposição da barriguinha e do umbigo.

Top - Vintage (similar here) | Jeans - Vintage (similar here) | Sandals - Bershka (similar here)






1 comments

  1. The 2000s era outfit you styled featuring the colourful crop-top and blue denim jeans looks fabulous being modelled by you in the outfit photos above! Your eye-makeup, lipstick and hair all look perfect, and you are in excellent shape.
    You look stunningly gorgeous (as usual) in this 2000s era outfit!
    P.S.: Best wishes for a happy Halloween!

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete