Vegan Waffles | Recipe

 If you follow me on my social media, you would know that every morning of the week I like to have a different breakfast and I really appreciate my "Pancake Friday". Since, one day, I found a promotion on a waffle maker I just couldn't resist and I had to buy it. With that I had also to find a good vegan/healthy recipe of waffles, and that's what I'm going to show you.

~~

Se me seguem nas redes sociais, sabem que todas as manhãs da semana eu gosto de variar no meu pequeno-almoço e aprecio bastante a "Sexta de Panquecas". Desde o dia em que encontrei uma promoção numa máquina de waffles, eu não consegui resistir e tive de a comprar. Com isso também tive de encontrar boas receitas vegan/saudáveis de waffles, e é isso que vos vou apresentar.

A Fluffy Vegan Healthy Waffle

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cups of spelt or oat flour (it may work with other flours, but I did not try it)
  • 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (you can add more, but since I'm going to drip some after the waffle is cooked I reduce here. Also you can use brown sugar, normal sugar, xilitol, etc.)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon of baking powder
  • 1.5 cup of almond milk (I use this one, but you can use whatever you like the most)
  • 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
  • pinch of salt

INSTRUCTIONS

  • Preparation: Do the vegan buttermilk first*. After doing that in a separated bowl, in a bigger bowl mix all the dry ingredients and then add the wet ones including the buttermilk. Mix everything - but not to much, just until combined.
  • Scoop & Cook: Now that the mix batter is done, I turn on my waffle maker. When it's already heated, I put around two scoops for each waffle. After the green light appears I wait 2 minutes more, so I get that golden colour.

*Note - For these waffles I did a homemade vegan buttermilk. For the vegan buttermilk the only thing you'll need to do is add onto the almond milk the vanilla extract and also the 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.

~~

INGREDIENTES

  • 2 chávenas de farinha de espelta ou aveia (pode resultar com outros tipo, mas eu não experimentei)
  • 1 colher de sopa de xarope de ácer (podem adicionar mais, mas visto que eu vou pôr mais nas waffles prontas, não tenho essa necessidade. Também em vez do xarope, podem escolher açúcar brancos, mascavado, xilitol, etc.)
  • 1/2 colher de chá de extrato de baunilha
  • 2 colheres de chá de vinagre de maçã
  • 1 colher de sopa de fermento em pó
  • 1.5 chávena de leite de amêndoa (podem optar pelo que gostarem mais)
  • 3 colheres de sopa de óleo de coco
  • pitada de sal


INSTRUÇÕES

  • Preparação: Primeiro, antes de tudo, fazer o buttermilk vegan*. Depois de fazer isso numa taça em separado, misturo noutra taça maior todos os ingredientes secos e depois vou adicionando os ingredientes húmidos, aqui inclui o buttermilk vegan.
  • Colher & Cozinhar: Já com a massa feita, ligo agora a minha máquina. Quando já estiver quente, eu ponho à volta de 2 colheres de massa para cada waffle. Depois da luz verde aceder, eu espero mais 2 minutos para ganhar uma cor mais dourada.

*Nota - Para estas waffles utilizei buttermilk vegan feito em casa. Para o buttermilk vegan a única coisa que irão ter de fazer a mais é adicionar ao leite o extrato de baunilha e as 2 colheres de chá de vinagre de maçã.








Side note: I definitely took inspiration from other websites/recipes



0 comments