5 Tips when buying clothes.

At these times of the year, when promotions, sales or even black fridays are happening we all need to be careful when buying stuff, specially in terms of clothes. I talk about that because I see myself and the girls around me, and we tend to buy more than we need because it's cheap. However that's a bit of consumerism (and you don't want that) and maybe we reallly aren't going to use it that much as we firstly thought.
~~
Nestas alturas do ano, quando estão a acontecer promoções, saldos ou até "black fridays", nós precisamos de ser mais cuidadosos no que compramos, especialmente em termos de roupa. Eu falo sobre isso porque vejo-me e as raparigas à minha volta, e nós tendemos a comprar mais do que precisamos porque é barato. No entanto isso já é consumismo (e nós não queremos isso) e talvez nós nem vamos utilizar aquilo assim tanto como pensamos primeiramente.


Nowadays, me and my sister, started to adapt these tips into our shopping because they actually work. Not just we spend less, which sometimes means buy less, but we tend to use more what we already have, in more different ways, it kind of upgrades our imagination.

  1. Buy according to the price. - I mean that you have to use how many times it was it's price, for example if the piece is 10€ you'll have to use it 10 times. If you think you'll definitely use it 10 times than it's worth buying.
  2. Only buy in your second round of shopping. - I do this a lot, my first round on the stores is just for looking, than in the next time I enter them I'll see what it's still on my mind. If I kept thinking about it than I buy, because sometimes is in the moment and then you really don't like it as much as you think at first glance.
  3. Do a research - Specially on the sales, going to the store right away can be a lot. So go to the website first, see which pieces captivate your attention and then go to shop and try to find only the pieces you choose at the website. This way you don't get distracted by other stuff.
  4. Go with someone that you trust - Choose someone that knows you and that is honest with you. Me and my sister do this a lot because we know each other very well and also know what both of us have. That way she can advise me if it's my style and looks good on me, if I should buy it, or even if I already have stuff similar to that.
  5. Think of various looks with that piece / don't buy for occasion. - Obviously some occasions deserve special pieces, but day-to-day pieces should match different clothing you ALREADY have. So rather than imagine one outfit, imagine 3 or 4. Like that you'll wear it more often and with different styles.

~~
Atualmente, eu e a minha irmã, começamos a adaptar estas dicas nas nossas compras uma vez que elas resultam. Não apenas nós gastamos menos, o que algumas vezes indica que compramos menos, mas também tendemos a usar mais o que já temos, de mais formas diferentes, é quase como um melhoramento da nossa imaginação

  1. Compra de acordo com o preço - Quero dizer que têm de utilizar quantas vezes foi o preço, por exemplo se foi 10€ têm de utilizar 10 vezes. Se acham que vão de certeza usar 10 vezes, então vale a pena comprar.
  2. Apenas compra na segunda ronda de compras - Eu faço isto bastante, na minha primeira ronda eu apenas vejo, então na minha próxima vez que entrar, vejo o que continua na minha mente. Se eu continuei a pensar naquela peça então compro, porque por vezes é coisas do momento, e depois percebemos que nem gostamos assim tanto.
  3. Faz uma pesquisa - Especialmente nos saldos, ir às lojas logo pode ser muito. Deste modo, vai primeiro ao site, vê quais são as peças que te cativam e depois vão à loja física e tenta encontrar apenas as peças que escolheste. Desta forma não se distraem com o resto.
  4. Vai com alguém que confias - Escolhe alguém que te conhece e que é honesta contigo. Eu e a minha irmã fazemos isto juntas porque conhecemos uma à outra muito bem e ao mesmo tempo sabemos o que cada uma tem. Dessa maneira ela pode aconselhar se é o meu estilo ou se me fica bem, se eu devia comprar ou não, e até se tenho coisas parecidas.
  5. Imagina vários visuais com a peça/ não compres por ocasião. - Claro que algumas ocasiões merecem visuais especiais, mas roupa do dia-a-dia deve combinar coisas diferentes que JÁ tens. Assim em vez de imaginar apenas um conjunto, pensa em 3 ou 4. Deste forma vão vestir mais vezes e com estilos diferentes.


 I hope you enjoyed it :)

And... Talk to you on my next post!


Love,
Carole xx


Credits to my sister, @danixinhahhh, that took the photo in Madrid.

0 comments