Fashion Talks Event

The other day, I would say 3 weeks ago, I received an invitation through e-mail, inviting me to "Fashion Talks", the name is self explanatory. The event took place, here in Portugal, at FIL. The all event was actually "Lisbon Design Show", but in that day, the "Fashion Talks" was happening and was the interest part of it.
I had the chance, first to carry with me my sister, but secondly to hear about various matters in the fashion community. The blogger that arrange all that, and got me the entry was Felizarda from the blog Madamemoda.
~
No outro dia, eu diria à 3 semanas atrás, eu recebi um convite por e-mail, convidando-me para o "Fashion Talks", pelo o nome entende-se o que é. O evento teve lugar, aqui em Portugal, na FIL. O evento geral era o "Lisbon Design Show", mas nesse dia o "Fashion Talks" estava a acontecer e foi a parte interessante.
Eu tive a chance, não só de levar a minha irmã como também de ouvir sobre várias coisas sobre a comunidade de moda. A blogger que arranjou tudo isto e que me deu a entrada foi a Felizarda, do blog Madamemoda.

I don't want to make this too long, but I need to refer the important/highlights of the evening. The first on the 'stage' was an NGO, that I already knew, called Dress A Girl around the world. All the words that came through their mouthes was pure magic. The presentation was a mixed of, what they do and some stories that they had. Succinctly, the objective of this NGO is make dresses and shorts to the poor children 'around the world', and they gather seniors that are in nursing homes and give them that job, to the ones that want. And personally give the clothes to the children. They don't ask for money, what they ask for is fabric and aerial miles so can travel free.
~
Eu não quero fazer isto demasiado longo, mas eu tenho de referir o importante desta tarde. No 'palco, em primeiro lugar foi uma ONG, que eu já conhecia, chamada Dress A Girl around the world. Todas as palavras que saíram das suas bocas foram pura magia. A apresentação foi uma mistura de, o que elas fazem e algumas histórias delas. Sucintamente, o objetivo da ONG é fazer vestidos e calções para as crianças mais pobres à volta do mundo, e elas recolhem idosos dos lares e dão-lhes esse trabalho, aos que querem. E entregam pessoalmente as roupinhas. Elas não querem dinheiro mas sim tecidos e milhas para puderem viajar gratuitamente.


Second, was a image consultant called Rita Completo. For me was the most interesting and actually caught my attention, presentation. In it she showed the audience how to have a "low-cost wardrobe" and in her speech she mention various categories as essentials, matching colours, tests to do when choosing the clothes and gave us a challenge that I will talked about in November.
~
Segundo, uma consultora de imagem a Rita Completo. Para mim foi a mais interessante e que me chamou mais a atenção. Nela era apresentou como ter um "guarda-roupa low-cost" e no seu discurso mencionou várias categorias tal como, essenciais, mistura de cores, testes para fazer quando estamos a escolher o conjunto e deu-nos um pequeno desafio que irei falar em Novembro.

Third and forth was a makeup artist and a men image consultant, respectively. I put these two together because of two things. First because they were both pretty bacic. The girl just showed a makeup tutorial, all things I knew, and the makeup it self wasn't that amazing, and the boy talked more about him than male image. Second, they are both part of the Portuguese Bloggers project, I think I can called it.
~
Terceiro e quarto foi uma maquilhadora e um consultor de imagem, respetivamente. Eu pus estes dois juntos por duas coisas. Primeiro porque ambos foram demasiado básicos. A rapariga mostrou um tutorial de maquilhagem, coisas que eu já sabia, e a maquilhagem não era maravilhosa, e o rapaz falou mais dele do que da imagem masculina. Segundo, fazem os dois parte de um projeto, se assim posso chamar, Portuguese Bloggers.

Last one, was (I can't exactly remember her name, sorry) but she is part of the Mulher XL, and her powerpoint was a view of the losts and upgrades of the curvy women in the world. It was a quick speech talking about her experience when she wanted to be a model but didn't accepted her because she was more chubby, some motivation and promoting their online store, where she have numbers from 40-60 (if I'm correct).
~
Por último, foi (não me lembro do nome dela, desculpa) mas ela faz parte da Mulher XL, e fez um powepoint com a visão das perdas e melhoras do mundo perante mulheres de curvas. Foi um discurso rápido sobre a sua experiência de quando queria ser modelo e a rejeitaram porque tinha uns quilos a mais, alguma motivação e para promover a sua loja, que tem números do 40-60 (se estou correta). 


In my opinion, was a good thing I wish more people would gone but I think it refreshed my mind, and made me a little bit more mature and aware of the world and what we should fight for.
{Na minha opinião, foi uma coisa boa eu gostava que mais gente tivesse ido mas eu acho que refrescou a minha mente e me fez um bocadinho mais madura e consciente do mundo e do que nós ainda temos que lutar}


I hope you liked it :)



And... See ya on my next post!


Love,
Carole xx



p.s this post is not sponsored in any way; All photos from Google and FIL facebook.

1 comments

  1. Muito obrigada pelas palavras Carole 😉 Fico de coração cheio ao saber que gostou!!
    E estou ansiosa por saber que vai fazer o desafio e super curiosa pelo resultado. 😀😀😀😀
    Beijinhos,
    Rita Completo, consultora de imagem
    www.ritacompleto-consultoria-imagem.com

    ReplyDelete