Taking off my braces

Hello guys, and welcome back!

Today's post is really meanful and important, I would say... As you may know, if you've been in this blog journey with me for a while you would know that a year and half ago I put on braces, but the end finally came. So, I can announced that after all this time I don't have braces, anymore! - that was what I thought, the thruth isn't like that; that's why I'm writing this.

When you willing to start this path you have to keep one thing on mind that me and my parents learned the hard way, which is about the budget. Here, in Portugal, they say it's around 1000€, already really expensive right? Well that is more, in that budget they're only counting the equipment, I'll explain that later, because that's more things to count on like the appointments, and if you've some sort of caries they've to take care of that, but is not exemplified on the budget.
Foward 'till the day: after a long time waiting, I went to room, the doctor took care of me and took out my braces, he smooth my teeth, did a mold which I was suspicious about, but that's one more thing, he put what they call "holding device" - this is one of the equipment - behind my bottom central teeth (about 6 teeth) which I wasn't expecting, even more he said that I only will take of this when I'm 22 years old!! But them some assistent helped me and said that this is for my own good and some people don't even get this out because they are already used to and it is an safety for the teeth don't return to the old place, I had to accept it. But when I was paying they said another thing, "in two weeks another holding device will come for your upper jaw", so that's why the mold, but that another device cost so much as the other. So in total I pay around 2000€!
And now, that I already have my up holding device it's stupid, is so annoying and it's too much, you can't eat with it or brush your teeth, but you have to sleep with and have it in your mouth for the longest you can get. I'm always putting and taking it out, it's frustrating, I can't barely speak. But is what it is.
Putting that I aside I'm happy with the result, I feel more confident and more important good with myself. At first I thought my teeth were real big but now, no, and it was weird eating too :)

And that was my experience summarize, if you want to know any more details feel free to ask on the comments I will be happy to answer them all :)

 ~

Olá pessoal, e bem-vindos de volta!

O post de hoje é realmente significativo e importante, eu diria ... Como poderás saber, se estiveste nesta viagem do blog comigo por um tempo, saberias que há um ano e meio atrás eu coloquei aparelho dentário, mas finalmente chegou ao fim. Então, eu posso anunciar que depois de todo este tempo eu não tenho aparelhos, mais! - foi o que eu pensei, a verdade não é assim; É por isso que estou a escrever isto.

Quando estiveres disposto a começar este caminho tens que manter uma coisa em mente que eu e os meus pais aprendemos da maneira mais difícil, que é sobre o orçamento. Aqui, em Portugal, dizem que é cerca de 1000 €, já é realmente caro, certo? Bem, há mais, naquele orçamento eles estão apenas contando o equipamento, eu vou explicar isso mais tarde, porque nós temos que contar com outras coisas como as consultas, e se tiveres algum tipo de cárie, eles têm de cuidar, mas não é exemplificado no orçamento.
Passando até ao dia: depois de um longo tempo de espera, fui ao consultório, o médico cuidou de mim e tirou o meu aparelho, alisou os meus dentes, fez um molde que eu desconfiei, mas não é só isso, ele colocou o que eles chamam de "aparelho de contenção" - este é um dos equipamentos - atrás de meus dentes centrais inferiores (cerca de 6 dentes) que eu não estava à espera, ainda mais ele disse que eu só vou ter isto quando eu tive 22 anos!! Mas uma assistente ajudou-me e disse que isto é para o meu próprio bem e algumas pessoas nem sequer tiram porque eles já estão acostumados e é uma segurança para os dentes não voltarem para o antigo lugar, eu tinha que aceitá-lo. Mas quando estava a pagar eles disseram outra coisa, "em duas semanas um outro instrumento virá para o maxilar superior", então é para isso o molde, mas outro instrumento que custa tanto quanto o outro. Então no total eu paguei cerca de 2000 €!
E agora, que eu já tenho o outro aparelho de contenção acho simplesmente estúpido, é tão irritante e é demais, não podes comer com ele ou escovar os dentes, mas tens que dormir com e tê-lo na boca o maior tempo possível. Estou sempre a colocar e a tirar, é frustrante, eu quase que não consigo falar. Mas é o que é.
Pondo isto de lado, eu estou feliz com o resultado, eu sinto-me mais confiante e mais importante bem comigo mesma. Ao principio pensei que os meus dentes eram tão grandes mas agora, não, e era estranho comer também :)

E foi esta a minha experiência resumida, se quiseres saber mais detalhes sente-te livre para perguntar nos comentários, eu ficarei feliz por responder a todos :)



I hope you liked it  c: {Sorry for my bad english, I'm portuguese}

And... See ya on my next post!


Love,
Carole xx

0 comments