Top 5 of books you must read!

Hellooo! Welcome gorgeous :)

Even though I'm, right now, in holidays, I wrote a post for you! Don't need to thank me ahah. It's been amazing but I am not going to spoil you. Still, I didn't forget you so, here it is the post.

Since one of my passions is reading I decided to do a short post with my recently favourites books. As you can see my top 5 of this half year alright? It's not of all that I read :)


Ansious? Let's get going!


#5 - "Pride and Prejudice", Jane Austen 


Sypnosis: "Sparks fly when spirited Elizabeth Bennet meets single, rich, and proud Mr. Darcy. But Mr. Darcy reluctantly finds himself falling in love with a woman beneath his class. Can each overcome their own pride and prejudice?" IMDb

My opinion: First of all, the book it's definitely not cliche romance but it is still so that makes it a lot better. To be honest what made me read it was the fact that was from Jane Austen and because it have so much hype. It is a bit difficult to read, you really have to pay attention and I advice you to read it where you can hear any noise, because it really have some hard words but you can do it. We have to kept in mind that is literature.



#4 - "O Último Cabalista de Lisboa", Richard Zimler


Sypnosis: "In April 1506, during the celebration of Easter, about two thousand new christians were killed in a pogrom in Lisbon and their bodies burned in the Rossio. Berequias, nephew and disciple of Abraão Zarco - illuminator and respected member of the famous Kabbalistic school of Lisbon - will find his uncle and a young unknown girl dead in the basement that served as a secret temple since the synagogue was closed by old christians. A valuable illuminated manuscript also disappeared from his hideout. Are the two related? Was it a christian or a jew? Who is the dead girl?

My opinion: Distant in genres from the other book, they kind of have similar things. It happen that both have some literature, so it can be a little bit harsh on the person reading it. However, since I'm from Portugal, Lisbon too, the book can be very interesting. It talks about a veridict story but at the same time (also veridict) tells detailed a mistery. I really liked it! Because the chapters are a little bit long the firsts are hard to read but then WOW... {Oh, I don't really know the name in english but I'm sure that sells everywhere}



#3 - "The Girl on The Train", Paula Hawkins


Sypnosis: "The Girl on the Train is the story of Rachel Watson's life post-divorce. Every day, she takes the train in to work in London, and every day the train passes by her old house. The house she lived in with her husband, who still lives there, with his new wife and child. As she attempts to not focus on her pain, she starts watching a couple who live a few houses down -- Megan and Scott Hipwell. She creates a wonderful dream life for them in her head, about how they are a perfect happy family. And then one day, as the train passes, she sees something shocking, filling her with rage." IMDb

My opinion: As well as the previous book the book happens to be a mistery but as you can probably imagine it's so much easier to read since it's more recent, and not literature, and it's more to the fantasy side. What captivate me the most was the difference of the book, the story was so different from what I had saw and had a little bit of fantasy and thriller. Again, amazing and you can read it so quick.



#2 - "If I Stay", Gayle Forman


Sypnosis: "Life changes in an instant for young Mia Hall after a car accident puts her in a coma. During an out-of-body experience, she must decide whether to wake up and live a life far different than she had imagined or not. The choice is hers if she can go on." IMDb

My opinion: One more time, the story of this book is so innovative. And it blow my mind when I discovered that was a romance! So damn good, that was one of the books that I could really imagine the story in my mind because was so easy to read and also fascinating. Almost felt like magic. I totally recommend. It's a mix of every kind of feeling :3 Girls buy it out !



#1 - "Where She Went", Gayle Forman


Sypnosis: "Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Julliasrd's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other."

My opinion: Finally number one! As you can see the author is the same as the previous, and in case your wonder, yes this book is the number #2 of the other one, but this is the last.
What really kept my eye on the book and made my favourite was the fact that was all wrote on the guy point of view. I don't know why but because it's so rare to see I absolutely love that little detail. Nevertheless, the book still have the same magic of the first, you feel the tragedy, the romance, every single thing, is fantastic. And it's so easy to read, again, and also to imagine, you really can see the story going in front of your eyes. 
This author as a incredible way of writing, slay!


And that was it! Tell me in the comments if you ever read some of these books and what is your opnion on them :)


I hope you liked it  c: {Sorry for my bad english, I'm portuguese}

And... See ya on my next post!


Love,
Carole xx

0 comments